* Relating items to residence

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
TimM
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Relating items to residence

Post by TimM »

I was adding a note to my Gt Grandfather’s residence attribute to say that we have photos of the place when I realized that this note probably applies to the place rather than the person, particularly as it would also relate to other family members living there.

I have paintings and photos of places my ancestors lived, also, I (and other family members) have furniture which appears in those photos, which have been handed down.
The question is this: Is this detail I should record and how should it be done?
Tim M

ID:813
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Relating items to residence

Post by Jane »

Currently you can not attach multimedia to Places as in the gedcom standard places are not 'objects', what I have suggested previously is creating a 'source' for a place (you can use the new source type to keep track of them) and link the photos etc and the source to the people involved. Then if places become objects at some point it will be a fairly minor job to swap the links.

Also because you can print source images on reports the photos of churches, houses etc can be displayed on reports. Of course if you make the image a multimedia record you can link it that way as well.