* Calling Function Users

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Calling Function Users

Post by Jane »

I have been building extensions for PSPad to semi-automatically build FH functions ready to paste into Queries or other expression locations.

This means once installed to PsPad you can hit Ctrl-Space to prompt for a list of expressions, select one and in most cases be prompted for the parameters.

You can also right click and select language help on any entered function to get the FH help page for the function.

Would any one be interested in checking this out?

ID:3748
PatrickT
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Calling Function Users

Post by PatrickT »

Jane,

I'd love to try it. Anything that stops me grinding my teeth in frustration as I have to look up the correct syntax for a function for the nth time would be wonderful.
oldtimer47
Diamond
Family Historian: None

Calling Function Users

Post by oldtimer47 »

Jane

Thanks for taking the initiative on this
I'd like to try it as well.

Peter
Jane
Site Admin

Calling Function Users

Post by Jane »

I have done some install instructions I hope they make reasonable sense. If you are using Vista you need to do a couple of extra steps as Vista does some strange things with the config files.

[wiki]how_to:use_pspad_to_format_functions[/wiki]
PeterR
Megastar

Calling Function Users

Post by PeterR »

Many thanks for this Jane, by which I mean your recommendation of PSPad as an editor (but I doubt I'll ever get to grips with all its capabilities) as well as your most useful PSPad extensions for FH Functions, and of course your How-To instructions, which I was able to follow easily once I read them properly. (Thankfully I'm not using Vista.) [smile]