* Version 3 on the way?

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
martync
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Version 3 on the way?

Post by martync »

TWR charged my card for the update last Thursday and said that they would only do that when it was being shipped [smile] so I'll be dashing home over the next few evenings to see if it's arrived. Sad really how much I'm looking forward to this new release of software especially as I spend all my working days in, you've guessed it, a software company!! I'll let you know if I get it before other people say it has arrived.

ID:1385
davepacey
Famous

Version 3 on the way?

Post by davepacey »

My Card has also been charged, so heres hoping :-)
martync
Diamond

Version 3 on the way?

Post by martync »

I had an e-mail from Trevor at TWR to say that they have not got any stock in yet but it is close and that is why they have charged some of the cards even though they are not yet ready to ship, but hopefully it does mean that it's very close.

I'll let you know,
Martyn
davepacey
Famous

Version 3 on the way?

Post by davepacey »

Yes, I had a similar email when I asked for an update as they had charged my card already, saying that he was starting early to process orders because of the volume he has to process, and to save time when they do get the CD's. So hopefully, it will soon be on its way :-)
vliet
Famous
Family Historian: None

Version 3 on the way?

Post by vliet »

Hi there, expectant people! My card hadn't been charged when I checked on Sunday bur I e-mailed Trevor and got the same sort of reply that things were being done to speed up dispatch when stock arrives.
I've hust sorted out part of my wife's 'tree' so am going to wait to print it with v3 to send to the relatives. I've taken out a mortgage for the ink cartridges!!!!
vliet[cool]
akirk
Platinum

Version 3 on the way?

Post by akirk »

S&N have just told me that they are expecting stock - mid to end of march... [cry]

Alasdair
DianaSheasby

Version 3 on the way?

Post by DianaSheasby »

So far no notification from TWR but my card was charged on 28th Feb . . waiting in hope of delivery in the not too distant future.
aragorn
Famous

Version 3 on the way?

Post by aragorn »

My card has also been charged.I don't know how much longer I can stand the suspense!!!!!!!!!![bounce][grin][bounce][grin][bounce]
martync
Diamond

Version 3 on the way?

Post by martync »

I know how you feel! The thing that worries me is that there still seems to be no firm date. I would think that there will be a couple of weeks between the physical production of CD's and them being shipped from the suppliers. I would also think that as soon as Simon knows the CD's have been produced he would let us know so I have a nasty feeling that we could still have a while to wait. It is the fact that we are not being informed that irritates me, the last status we were given was over a month ago, being over nine weeks late I think that being kept informed was not too much to ask.
Tonybee
Platinum
Family Historian: V5

Version 3 on the way?

Post by Tonybee »

This probly sounds a silly question, but is Version 3 a upgrade, and will simply add on to my excisting FH.

Is there more details on here some where, i feel sure i read about it in some early days but cannot find it....
nsw

Version 3 on the way?

Post by nsw »

Take a look at the main news page and you will a story 'Announcing Family Historian 3' from 10/11/2005.

This is an upgrade to FH and will replace your current FH, adding extra features. However, unlike the last few upgrades it will not be free.
Tonybee
Platinum

Version 3 on the way?

Post by Tonybee »

Thanks Nick.
Yes I can understand a little more now, however I'm still unsure of the full benifits, what one gets on top of what we have already, is there a list..

I will be placing an order Monday it can only get better, can't it ?.

regards
Dereks
Gold

Version 3 on the way?

Post by Dereks »

A comprehensive list of the new features in version 3 can be found at:

http://www.family-historian.co.uk/whats_new_in_3.htm
Tonybee
Platinum

Version 3 on the way?

Post by Tonybee »

Nice one. looks like there are plenty of extras.
Thanks for the link.
suzygirl101
Silver

Version 3 on the way?

Post by suzygirl101 »

*sigh*... I just ordered the upgrade on-line from an Australian store... and they are advising that anticipated delivery date is not until mid-April... boo hoo![cry]
Keith1

Version 3 on the way?

Post by Keith1 »

It's just a thought, but, is the release of FH ver 3 being held back so that it can be launched at the 'Family History Show 2006'?