* Gedcom Census Crashing

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
ray
Family Historian: None

Gedcom Census Crashing

Post by ray »

I am finding that Gedcom Census is crashing on entering details witha message to the effect that the programme has stopped working and that Windows is searching for a solution. No solution develops and I close the programme and start again. On restarting it mostly operates without crashing. However when next opening the programme the problem reappears. I only have 300/400 names in my Gedcom file and am using Windows Vista. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no difference.
Is this a known problem and can anyone suggest a solution.
Ray

ID:3138
RalfofAmber
Famous

Gedcom Census Crashing

Post by RalfofAmber »

I use Gedcom census ok on Vista with a bigger file than that. You are on the latest version I take it?

When does it crash?
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Gedcom Census Crashing

Post by Jane »

If you have not already done so run the FH file validate over the file just to check for any errors.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
NickWalker
Megastar

Gedcom Census Crashing

Post by NickWalker »

Hi Ray

If you drop me an email I should be able to get to the bottom of the problem you're having - you'll see my contact details near the top of the help page 'Gedcom Census v6.0- Read this first!'

Best wishes

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
hvanvonderen

Gedcom Census Crashing

Post by hvanvonderen »

Hi [smile] all !

I'm New here and based on what I've been reading about GedCom Census and Family Historian I'm anxious to get going.

Out of the starting block, I'm getting a error when I tried to add a individual in the GedCom Census : Run time Error 13 - Type Mismatch.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance .. Heather
NickWalker
Megastar

Gedcom Census Crashing

Post by NickWalker »

Can you email via Nick AT Gedcomcensus DOT com and I'll send you some suggestions?

Perhaps first can you check that your file validates OK in Family Historian by clicking on File->Validate (obviously also making sure this is the same file you are using in Gedcom Census).

Best wishes

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/