* Is there a way to link two individuals that likely are the same person?

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Is there a way to link two individuals that likely are the same person?

Post by LornaCraig »

heathermary wrote: 17 Jun 2024 08:43
LornaCraig wrote: 29 Dec 2021 11:21 Isabel,
In the Note window toolbar there is an icon to Add Link.
Hi, Is there a way to do this in v6 please?
Sorry, not in v6. It's one of the features introduced with text formatting in V7.
Lorna
heathermary
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

Post by heathermary »

Thank you, I did wonder if it was a new facility.

I have always appreciated help when I have asked a question but I am actually struggling with Family Historian now because it has become so complicated. I bought it when it first came on the market but I don't want to upgrade to v7 because I use it as a basic database with some useful extras and I have never grappled with all the queries etc. It takes me all my time to do research and add the fundamentals to the tree! I may have to unsubscribe to this site anyway because it is mainly for v7 and there is no indication of that in the digest until you go to the question on a webpage, and then there seems to be little for v6 these days.
Gowermick
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by Gowermick »

Heathermary,
Don’t be put off by the ‘extra’ facilities offered by V7.

Like you, my main focus is research, and like you, use FH as a database to store all the information I collect.

I don’t make use of many of these extra bells and whistles, which are in vesrion 7, and if like me, you are using FH6 in its basic form, you’ll see no noticeable difference and won’t need to change how you work, and you never know, you may need to use one of these ‘extras’ one day.

Like all good software, it is best to keep up with latest versions, as they tend to be more efficient, and secure.
Mike Loney

Website http://www.loney.tribalpages.com
http://www.mickloney.tribalpages.com
heathermary
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

Post by heathermary »

Thank you for the words of encouragement!