* Inconsistent Date Formats

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Post Reply
avatar
RoyDavies48
Gold
Posts: 15
Joined: 18 Jan 2018 19:15
Family Historian: V7

Inconsistent Date Formats

Post by RoyDavies48 »

In the records for every individual in my family tree database I use the format dd-mm-yyyy for dates, but if I list all the individual records and then order them by the date updated then the last column, the date updated column, lists the dates in the format mm-dd-yyyy (and also adds the time updated using the 24 hour clock).

How can I get Family Historian to use the dd-mm-yyyy formant for the "UpDated" column t00? I know if is a trivial issue but I would like to use the dd-mm-yyyy consistently for all dates. I have clicked on "Tools" then "Preferences" and discovered that dd-mm-yyyy was already listed as the preferred standard date format and dd/mm/yyyy as the preferred short date format so why does the month come before the day in the "Updated" column?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain what I'm doing wrong.

Roy
User avatar
Anthias
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 May 2021 22:22
Family Historian: V7

Re: Inconsistent Date Formats

Post by Anthias »

You may need to check your regional settings for the date format, It is probably set to the American format.
avatar
RoyDavies48
Gold
Posts: 15
Joined: 18 Jan 2018 19:15
Family Historian: V7

Re: Inconsistent Date Formats

Post by RoyDavies48 »

Thanks Anthirs,

I wasn't sure what you meant at first but then it occurred to me that you were probably referring to settings in Windows. I had recently bought a new Apple Mac and installed Parallels and Windows 11. When I checked the settings in Windows I noticed that you were right about the location being set to the United States so I changed that and restarted Windows and then re-opened Family Historian and noticed that when I listed all records the format for the date in the Updated column had changed to dd-mm-yyyy which was what I wanted.

Thanks again for your advice.

Roy
Post Reply