* remove a flag from 433 people

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Linda Reinfeld
Famous
Family Historian: V7

remove a flag from 433 people

Post by Linda Reinfeld »

I have a flag that is used for 1000 people. I want to remove that flag from a subset of those people - 433 of them. I created a list of the 433 people who should not have the flag. I then went to tools/named lists.

I chose the list name and looked at flag changing tasks: Nbr 3 clear the flag on all Individual records (list selection not required) sounded good - not required, but if the list name was identified, one would thing ONLY that list would be affected.

Well, it cleared all 1000 flags.

How do I remove a flag from only a subset without doing it 1 by 1?

Linda Reinfeld
BillH
Megastar

Re: remove a flag from 433 people

Post by BillH »

I think this will work although I've never done it.

Run the query Named LIst Members and specify the named list that has the individuals you want to remove the flag from.

When the query has run and the result set shows the individuals, click on the gear icon in the upper right. Select Clear Flag on Row Records....
Bill Henshaw
Linda Reinfeld
Famous

Re: remove a flag from 433 people

Post by Linda Reinfeld »

BillH

Thank you - that did work

I thought I had to create a list first and then delete the flag. It's nice to know a flag can be deleted right from a query.

Linda