* Ancestry Synchronisation

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
David Potter
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Ancestry Synchronisation

Post by David Potter »

One for Mark please.

Hi Mark, I'm using the latest version of your Plug-In 2.3.1. When I make an Export Gedcom File, after the creation I receive a message stating:
Excluded Individuals: 0
Excluded Families: 1
However there is nothing in the Research Log to say which Family was excluded or why. Can you please help explain what I should look for to understand what might be wrong?

I've checked the Plug-In help but could see any mention of this.

Best wishes

David
Attachments
951.png
951.png (165.88 KiB) Viewed 266 times
900.png
900.png (107.91 KiB) Viewed 266 times
jelv
Megastar

Re: Ancestry Synchronisation

Post by jelv »

Look at the research note Ancestry Sync – GEDCOM Export - does that tell you?
John Elvin
David Potter
Megastar

Post by David Potter »

Thanks Jelv. Like I have said. The research note doesn't give any details.
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Hi David - I may have an explanation for you.

Early versions of the plugin excluded Individual records from export if the Private flag was selected, or if the Living flag was selected without the option to export living people. Family records were excluded if either partner was excluded. That worked well in most cases, but excluded families with children where one parent was marked as private, so lost the family link between the public parent and the child.

The plugin now looks at the family in more detail, and only excludes families with children if both parents are marked as private, or are not in the database. You have no excluded individuals, so it is more likely to be the latter scenario - a family with neither parent known.

Can you confirm that you have selected the option to display the GEDCOM export Research Note? It is off by default, but once set is a "sticky" option remembered between runs.
Capture.png
Capture.png (18.23 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Does that give you any useful information? I've noticed that the report does not include Family Record ID, so will simply say Unknown & Unknown, but you should be able to identify the family from the Records Window.

If it is a deliberate family record (say to identify two individuals of unknown parentage as full siblings), it still has to be excluded unfortunately, as Ancestry does not support this scenario. They structure all their relationships around the individual, so no individual, no relationship.

If it's not that, I'll have to think again! :)
Mark Draper
David Potter
Megastar

Post by David Potter »

Hi Mark and Jelv

Yes that setting did provide the information needed to figure out the exclusion. I must be honest and say I have not kept up with more recent developments with this Plug-In. I'll refresh my knowledge over the weekend.

Thank you both very much.
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

It was a useful prompt that I had omitted to update the help file with a description of the more detailed criteria for excluding family records from export. Now fixed.
Mark Draper
David Potter
Megastar

Post by David Potter »

Thank you Mark
Much appreciated.