* Birth Sentence

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
TMG_refugee
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Birth Sentence

Post by TMG_refugee »

I am attempting to modify the birth statement but have run into difficulties that I cannot figure out.

I have changed my birth sentence to be:

{individual} was born {date}< at {address}> {place} < to mother {role(single)=Mother}><to mothers{role(plural)=mother}>< to father {role(single)=Father}>< and to fathers {role(plural)=Father}>{=TextIf(Exists(%FACT._SHAR%) and Not(%FACT._SHAR.ROLE% = "Mother" ) and Not(%FACT._SHAR.ROLE% = "Father") or Exists(%FACT._SHAR[3]%)," Other household members were:","")}<<br> • Sister:{role(single)=sister}><<br> • Sisters:{role(plural)=sister}><<br> • Brother:{role(single)=brother}><<br> • Brothers:{role(plural)=brother}><<br> • unrelated: {role(single)=unrelated}><para>

If I force both a father and mother even if it is only "name only" then this sentence works and I get the following:

He was born on Jan 1, 1940 at Montreal Community Hospital in Toronto to mother Mama NEWPROJECT [2] and to father Unknown. Other household members were:
• Sister:MySister NEWPROJECT [4]

Notice that this requires that the Exists(%FACT._SHAR[3]%) must be 3.

This works in the property box sentence for the birth. However in a narrative report I get the parents repeated as FH inserts them.

Test NEWPROJECT [1], son of Papa NEWPROJECT (1911-1989) [3] and Mama NEWPROJECT (1910-1990) [2], was born on Jan 1, 1937 at Montreal Community Hospital in Toronto, Canada to mother Mama NEWPROJECT [2] and to father Unknown Other household members were:
• Sister:MySister NEWPROJECT [4]
• Brother:Brother NEWPROJECT

Is there anyway around FH inserting the "son of Papa NEWPROJECT (1911-1989) [3] and Mama NEWPROJECT (1910-1990) [2]" into the narrative report?
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Birth Sentence

Post by LornaCraig »

Is there anyway around FH inserting the "son of Papa NEWPROJECT (1911-1989) [3] and Mama NEWPROJECT (1910-1990) [2]" into the narrative report?
Yes, in the Report options, Main tab, untick the option to Inc. Parents.
Lorna
TMG_refugee
Famous

Re: Birth Sentence

Post by TMG_refugee »

Thank you Lorna.

So Simple but so effective