* Role name has [:LABELS] appended after TMG import

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
kdishman
Family Historian: V7

Role name has [:LABELS] appended after TMG import

Post by kdishman »

I imported a project from TMG 9.05 into FH 7 (direct import) and many of the tags have the string [:LABELS] appended to the last role in the role list. This string is not present in the TMG tag definition so is being added during the import process. Here is an example for the Will tag:
image.png
image.png (21.9 KiB) Viewed 201 times
Not all of the tags show this behavior, but those that do are custom tags I created or modified in TMG.

The affected roles also appear in the import log file:
image.png
image.png (42.17 KiB) Viewed 198 times
The role name with the appended string shows up in any report that includes the role name.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it?

(edited)
JohnnyCee
Diamond

Re: Role name has [:LABELS] appended after TMG import

Post by JohnnyCee »

[LABELS:] and [:LABELS] are part of the internal TMG syntax describing roles. I suspect there is either (1) a bug in FH’s TMG import code or (2) a corruption of the TMG data that the FH importer doesn’t handle.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Role name has [:LABELS] appended after TMG import

Post by tatewise »

Since it seems that nobody else is having similar problems then I suggest you report it to Calico Pie via their Support Ticket System at https://support.calico-pie.com/open.php.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry