* Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Ken Drake
Silver
Family Historian: V5

Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box

Post by Ken Drake »

I have been inputting some new names etc using the property box often with Add new record and their details subsequently appear in the Focus Window but they have not appeared in the first column or Navigation Bar. I tried saving the information I have inserted but that made no difference. This navigation bar is an easy way to find people but not if they do not appear there when you know you have inserted their details via the Property Box. Am I doing something wrong or is there something else I should be doing to ensure the names appear in that alphabetical list. I would like the names to appear there as soon as I have entered them.
Ken Drake
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box

Post by tatewise »

Ken, you must be doing something wrong because new records will always appear in the Records Window on the Individuals tab, which is I think what you mean by the Navigation Bar.

What order are you using to display that Indiviudals tab?
It may be alphabetical by Surname, or it my be numerical by Record Id, or pssibly sorted by any other column.
The sort order is permanently remembered by FH until you change it by clicking a column heading.

Have you scrolled down the list as the new names may be at the bottom?

It might help if you could post a screenshot of the problem.
See FHUG Forum Usage Tips under Attachments and Taking Screenshots.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Gowermick
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box

Post by Gowermick »

Miketate, to add further to your answer, I’ve noticed that new individuals when inserted, are not entered into the correct ‘sorted’ or ‘filtered’ position, primarily because the sort or filter was done before the new record existed. One needs to refresh the sort or filter to get them into the correct position.
As you say, I think they are added to the bottom.
Mike Loney

Website http://www.loney.tribalpages.com
http://www.mickloney.tribalpages.com