* Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Ken Drake
Silver
Family Historian: V5

Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box

Post by Ken Drake »

Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box
I am inserting new names via the property box and can see that it is going well as they appear in the focus window as I would expect. However, they do not appear in the alphabetical list in the Navigation Bar on the left hand side. Why? Am I doing something wrong or am I not doing enough to ensure they arrive there. I find that using that long alphabetical list the easiest way to find someone but if they are not there I am stumped. I do hope you can help me. If you already have this query I apologize for sending it again but I am finding sending queries to you extremely difficult. Is there a simple set of instructions I could follow to enable me to ask you questions to save me this very frustrating time. I have no way of ensuring I will even find where I should start with my query. I am familiar with computers but find your system of enabling me through FHUG to ask questions far from simple and I feel that it should not be like that. For example I am now faced with four alternatives Load Draft, Save Draft, Preview and Submit. Muy fear is that if I use one of the first three I will lose what I have written so I will not be able to sub,it it so I am opting for submit and hope it reaches you.
Ken Drake
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box

Post by tatewise »

Your question already got posted and I answered it just now at Names not in Navigation Bar but are in Focus Window and Property Box (22863).

Check out the FHUG Forum Usage Tips and its links to guides and FAQ.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry