* FT Diagrams

Questions about creating, customising and using diagrams and charts
ParsMan
Family Historian: V7

FT Diagrams

Post by ParsMan »

Good morning everyone. I purchased FH7 a couple of weeks ago and have started to build a small tree to help me to familiarise myself with the software. It look impressive.
A few things have stumped me so far:-
1) I wanted to save my diagram in Jpeg format and transfer it to a USB stick for printing by a print shop. Couldn't fathom that one out. Any ideas?
2) Normally for my trees I make the items in the box different font sizes. For example Name would be 12 Dates 10 and occupation would be 8. Is this possible in FH7?
3) Can you screenshot a diagram to get a quick copy?
Would appreciate any "non tecky" answers. Thanks.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: FT Diagrams

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG.
Some of your questions can only be answered with some technical details.
ParsMan wrote: 08 Mar 2024 11:01 1) I wanted to save my diagram in Jpeg format and transfer it to a USB stick for printing by a print shop. Couldn't fathom that one out. Any ideas?
To save a Diagram in various formats use the Diagram menubar option Save Diagram As...
To get the best format for a print shop use PDF File (.pdf)... that will save as a single-page PDF with a higher quality than most of the other formats. Simply OK all the default options, but for full details see the FHUG Knowledge Base > Single PDF Page of a Diagram advice.

BTW: To get Help about using the Diagram Window hit the F1 key while the window is open.
2) Normally for my trees I make the items in the box different font sizes. For example Name would be 12 Dates 10 and occupation would be 8. Is this possible in FH7?
Yes, that is possible by creating a custom Diagram Text Scheme and inserting font change items where required.
Use Diagram > Options... > Text tab. Click the Clone... button to create a custom copy, then Edit Text Scheme...
There will usually be a font change item after the Name, and others can be add from the left where required.
If you need a more detailed explanation then please ask.
3) Can you screenshot a diagram to get a quick copy?
Yes, use the Windows Snip & Sketch or Snipping Tool or any other screen capture utility.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ParsMan

Re: FT Diagrams

Post by ParsMan »

Thanks very much I'll give that a go.