* 1921 Census Template

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
ColinMc
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

1921 Census Template

Post by ColinMc »

Looking at the 1921 Census, there is a box at the foot of the form which has (amongst other items) the number of rooms.

Is there a way to record this text in the template? I would like to add something like "Number of rooms in property" to appear in the census Note. This would save manually typing this text in every time, leaving me just to add the figure.

The alternative may just be to create a new column at the end of the existing ones. This would not be strictly accurate, but would be an easy solution.

Thanks.

Colin
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: 1921 Census Template

Post by NickWalker »

You could create an autotext template with 'Number of Rooms in property: ' after the {CENSUSGRID} reference. Then before you save your entries you could type in the number of rooms after that. Or if you don't use the 'Other Info' box for anything you could put an {OTHER} reference in the autotext template and type the number of rooms into there.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

Yes, as Nick says, pretty easy to add the extra text on the template. I have modified the 1939 Register template to record the number of 'closed records' at the date I found the schedule as this number can change over time, using:

{CENSUSGRID}
Closed records for this Address (as at {SYSTEM.DATE}):
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
ColinMc
Superstar

Post by ColinMc »

Thanks Nick & Brent,

Just input my first census since my post, and the entry after {CENSUSGRID} worked perfectly - exactly as I wanted.

Thanks again

Colin
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families