* Legacy RM-related plugins to be archived

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Mark1834
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Legacy RM-related plugins to be archived

Post by Mark1834 »

There are a number of plugins on FHUG that relate to either the GEDCOM import of a RootsMagic database or early versions of Ancestry synchronization that have been rendered obsolete by the direct import from RM that was introduced in FH 7.0.8 (August 2021), along with the associated ability to read and (partially) write to RM via a plugin.

I propose archiving my master copies, and allowing them to become obsolete when plugins attached to FHUG threads are disabled later in the year. Alternative hosting arrangements will not be provided, but they can be reactivated if required.

Import RootsMagic 7 ToDo List. I think there were significant changes in the To-Do list between RM7 and RM8/9, and the plugin has not been updated to correct any GEDCOM imports from RM8.

Import RootsMagic 7 Templated Sources. This plugin imports full details of user-defined RM templates, and partial details of standard templates. The direct import brings in most (but not all) details of both template types.

RootsMagic GEDCOM export for Ancestry. This FH6/7 plugin supported an early version of synchronizing FH with Ancestry for hint continuity, prior to FH supporting the UniqueID tag, but is not compatible with the current Store plugin. Update UniqueID from RootsMagic modifies your FH project to enable users to maintain their old Ancestry syncs via the Store plugin.
Mark Draper
Gary_G
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Legacy RM-related plugins to be archived

Post by Gary_G »

Mark;

This sounds like a good idea and would make it easier to find a needed plugin for a task. There is a fair amount of "deadwood" out there that has been overtaken by newer capabilities and plugins.
Gary Gauthier
Hunting History in the Wild!