* Media files

Questions about using and managing media in FH
Johnr65
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Media files

Post by Johnr65 »

I've had to have my pc reset as it had some problems. I've managed to set up FH but when I try to add a media item i.e. census, etc , it says I've only 1 folder 'Media' whereas I used to have various ones for census, registry, birth, etc.
Where can I find these please? :oops:
jbtapscott
Megastar

Re: Media files

Post by jbtapscott »

The Media folder created as part of the FH install does not have any sub-folders, so you must have created these yourself on your old machine. I assume you ran regular backups (?) of FH and related Media, so you would need to restore from these to get your 'old' folder structure
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Presumably, you have plenty of FH Project Backup files or 'cloud' backups on OneDrive.
Only you know where you maintained your library of backups designed to cope with just this scenario.

You must have some form of backups. Otherwise, how did you retrieve all your Project data?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

Thank you both, fortunately I found the relevant project so everything is still there. It just seems that there are a lot of projects with different names and I'm frightened to delete the ones that aren't my primary default one? :cry: