* Deleting Custom IDs

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Little.auk
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Deleting Custom IDs

Post by Little.auk »

When I moved from Family Tree Maker to FH7 I was in the process of changing the way I recorded Custom IDs. The "old" system used the prefix IND- which applied to almost every individual, but I have been applying an Ahnentafel based system using the prefix A. I am using my son, who died unmarried in 2015, as the root - as he is the end of my ROLLIN branch of the family.

I have several hundred individuals who still have the "IND" prefix, I want to keep these Individuals, but I want to delete their custom IDs as they are unwanted clutter.

Is there an easy way of doing this "in bulk", deleting each one individually is going to take ages?
Peter Rollin
Running FH 7.0.22 and AS 7.8.6 64 bit in Windows 11
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Deleting Custom IDs

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Run the Record Identifiers query.

Sort by Custom ID.

Select the Custom ID fields you want to delete. (Do not select the records!)

Hit Delete. Double check it's going to do what you want (i.e. delete a number of fields) and confirm.
Little.auk
Famous

Re: Deleting Custom IDs

Post by Little.auk »

Thanks Helen,

I saved "Records Identifier" as a custom query and filtered on "Add if Custom ID starts with IRN", simple job to select all ID's and delete. Whole thing only took a couple of minutes - saved me hours deleting almost 700 custom IDs individually.

Thank you
Peter Rollin
Running FH 7.0.22 and AS 7.8.6 64 bit in Windows 11