* Exporting to Gedsite - Naturalisation Tag

Questions about exporting information from FH to other programs and websites
AJSnelson
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Exporting to Gedsite - Naturalisation Tag

Post by AJSnelson »

Hi ... I have been using Mike's GST export plugin (for Gedsite) successfully for a few years but just noticed that some events or attributes do not seem to get exported. Case in point is the Naturalisation event, which is I think a Standard Fact Type. Perhaps I am doing something wrong or have not understood which events and attributes can be exported using the plugin ? Any help much appreciated.
Adrian John Snelson

e john.snelson@outlook.com

Snelson DataBase & Armory

w https://genarchives.com/snelson/up/index.htm
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Exporting to Gedsite - Naturalisation Tag

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Naturalisation (NATU) is a standard fact, you're correct.

Have you checked whether the NATU tag appears in the GEDcom text file after export? I don't think Mike T's Export GEDCOM plugin excludes any tags (as long as you're using the 'Full Data' mode.)

Edited to add: I've just done a test export and NATU tags are indeed included. Let us know if they are present in your export file.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

For exports to Gedsite, the Export Gedcom File plugin makes very few changes at all as requested by John Cardinal the Gedsite developer.
It optionally adds Fact Sentence Definitions.
Even (-) Brief Data mode does not affect the export of facts (events/attributes) either standard or custom.

It would help to see hard evidence of the facts being omitted from the GEDCOM file.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

Have you "ticked" the various options for that tag type in Gedsite?. I only have a couple of Naturalisation facts within FH, but they have all come over to Gedsite using Mike's Explort plugin.

It may also be worth using the Record Browser in Gedsite to check what data it has actually received for the given individual where you think the fact is missing - that would allow you to confirm that the data is coming over.
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
Robert Jacobs
Famous

Post by Robert Jacobs »

Like Brent's, my naturalization facts come over into GedSite perfectly. In Gedsite (Data/Tags) you tick the tags you wish to display. Similarly, if you are using a Table set in GedSite you would find a tag filter there. Ensure that all event tags are allowed (except, of course, for the ones you deliberately wish to exclude).
AJSnelson
Silver

Post by AJSnelson »

Thank you to all who have replied. For Mike and Helen, FH and the plugin are working as expected. The issue lies elsewhere.

Yes, I have located the NATU events in the Gedcom file exported using Mike's plugin. Yes, I am using "Full Data" mode. So, the file being read into GEDSITE seems to be as I would expect. Therefore, there is something wrong I believe with my Gedsite parameters. Accordingly, it is probably inappropriate to continue the investigation here in this forum.

Thanks to Robert and Brent ? (Tapscott) who are using GEDSITE. Perhaps we can take this offline from here - if you would contact me to continue the exploration, that would be terrific. Thanks. john.snelson@outlook.com
Adrian John Snelson

e john.snelson@outlook.com

Snelson DataBase & Armory

w https://genarchives.com/snelson/up/index.htm