* FTM 2019 - FH 7.0.21 - Event Note issues

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
Ailsa
Gold
Family Historian: V7

FTM 2019 - FH 7.0.21 - Event Note issues

Post by Ailsa »

Hi, was a long time user of TMG, then switched to FTM (wish now I had not), and really would like to transfer my large main database to FH. I have transferred over some small trees to see how FH works and what to do etc.
My main issue is: In FTM I have a large lot of notes in each Event section for individual. Eg. Baptism - I have sources, Media and Notes.
I do not have them in the Person Notes of FTM as I wanted the notes to show in relation to the actual event.
When I do a Gedcom, everything does come over to FH, but the Event notes do not show in the Property Box of an individual for that event. If I go to the ALL and select the Baptism it states Note Record and the information is there.
The information also shows if I do an Individual Summary or Family Group Sheet, but is not included in an Individual Narrative report.
Is there any way/plug in etc that I can move the notes to the actual Note Field relating to the event in FH as it would be easier to see what I have written previously and also to be able to add or correct entries.
Regards
Ailsa
tatewise
Megastar

Re: FTM 2019 - FH 7.0.21 - Event Note issues

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG Ailsa.

Please check the FHUG Knowledge Base link above and find Importing to Family Historian.
That has a section dedicated to FTM with advice on tidying the imported data. It includes advice on Notes to use the Clean Up Notes plugin which will convert the shared Note Records to local Fact Notes if they are only linked once.
Do checkout all the other advice too.

If anything is not clear then ask again.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Ailsa
Gold

Post by Ailsa »

Many thanks for this I just did not know which way to go or where anything was. Off to read now.
Many thanks
Ailsa
Gold

Post by Ailsa »

Hi Mike
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction regarding the notes. All have been fixed in my small trees that I was playing around with and now very comfortable to actually transfer my main database over.
Thank you again for your help. BTW the KB is now working perfectly, thanks to who looks after that.
Ailsa