* Multiple Monitors

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
rfj1001
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Multiple Monitors

Post by rfj1001 »

Is there a way I can show a different tree on each of 3 monitors. (Will help in enormously in sorting out duplicate records.)

Currently, if I drag a window either left or right from my centre monitor it doesn't appear on the other one.

TIA
Valkrider
Megastar

Re: Multiple Monitors

Post by Valkrider »

Your post doesn't make it clear what you are trying to do. What do you mean by:

"Currently, if I drag a window either left or right from my centre monitor it doesn't appear on the other one."

Which window are you trying to drag? How are your monitors setup? You could always print to pdf a tree and open that pdf up on one of the monitors.
rfj1001
Superstar

Post by rfj1001 »

Sorry, if the first post wasn't clear enough.

I have FH showing on my centre monitor and there are several tree diagrams (ancestor/descendant/etc) I have created and are shown on the left hand (tab column?) of the FH window. I can obviously display one chart/query/etc at a time on the centre monitor. But I'd like to be able to show other diagrams on my left and right monitors that are in the tab column.

Yes, I'm aware I can print to pdf but it is laborious and I've found printing to an A3 printer is better than that for what Im trying to achieve

It would just be the equivalent of dragging one of the tabbed screens in chrome/explorer/firefox/etc across to another monitor
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Diagrams can't be shown in Floating windows so you can't drag them outside the main FH window.

You can have more than one copy of FH open, each using the same project, but would need to be careful only to update via one of them (and there's no visual indication that a project is open in more than one place).

Can you span the FH window over multiple monitors, and then use either the tile or cascade options un the Window menu item to arrange things as you wish (you can't preserve that working layout between sessions, alas. There's a Wish List item for that...)
rfj1001
Superstar

Post by rfj1001 »

Thanks Helen for the clarification, :D

Spanning the FH window across the three monitors seems the best available approach without the risk of having two instances of the FH data file open.