* Quarter dates and Gedcom files

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
jclifford
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Re: Quarter dates and Gedcom files

Post by jclifford »

Just curiosity.

My workround for the witness problem in TNG involves creating 1 ASSO facts so I wondered how you were using 2 ASSO.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Export Gedcom File plugin Version 5.1 Date 24 Nov 2022 is now in the Plugin Store.

As well as the BET/AND to Q1-4 option it adds a Baptism to Christening TNG option as discussed in the thread Export Gedcom - TNG - BAPM v CHR (20617) earlier this year.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
jimlad68
Megastar

Post by jimlad68 »

Apologies for being so late commenting on this, just noticed it in the SIMILAR TOPICS of a post.

As already mentioned it is the 1/4 when registered, the birth not necessarily being in that 1/4.

So to me; the simplest, most accurate, completely GEDCOM compliant and portable is to use CIRCA.
e.g. 1st quarter 1877 = circa feb 1877.
If this is linked to a Source of GRO index, that would indicate the likely time period to a discerning observer.

Nice to keep things simple when possible.
Jim Orrell - researching: see - but probably out of date https://gw.geneanet.org/jimlad68