* Reverting to researched surname

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Johnwrosser
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Reverting to researched surname

Post by Johnwrosser »

I'm currently researching the 1921 Census for a particular family who have only 1 surname but lots of Christian names. Every time I finish one family, FH7 does allow me to go back to the next family surname instead it sends me to the very beginning of my tree at A. Very frustrating each time when dealing with a family! Is there a way to change this?
:cry: :evil:
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Reverting to researched surname

Post by tatewise »

It sounds like FH is returning to your File Root Home person when it opens the Focus Window.

Try Tools > Preferences > Startup and tick 'Show the Last-Used Focus Person in the Focus Window'.

That will open FH with the last person you used in the Focus Window.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
brianlummis
Superstar

Post by brianlummis »

John

Are you using Ancestral Sources to enter the census data? If so, what you are seeing is what happens when you save and go back to FH.

Brian
Johnwrosser
Famous

Post by Johnwrosser »

Yes I'm using AS to enter the details from the census and it returns me to the family I was updating and updates it. Then when I try to do the next Christian name I'm sent back to A.
brianlummis
Superstar

Post by brianlummis »

I think that this is a question for Nick Walker as I am not sure if there is an option for what you want in Ancestral Sources. The problem is that when FH is updated it loses the record of the previously visited people in the focus window.