* auto source

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Bullee
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

auto source

Post by Bullee »

Hello,

i see the option automatic source citation, i read the help 3 times already and don't understand it good.

(my english is nog my own language ) so that is also i think a little the problem.

with the people in my project much te same AWARD fact, with specific name. "Golden Medaille"
i also make a sourcefile with the description of the "Golden Medaille" and a picture inside the sourcefile

now i select this sourcefile everytime with hand by the specific fact.

is it possible with the option "Automatic Source Citation" that when you ad the fact "AWARD" with the name "Golden Medaille" the sourcefile automatic will be added to the fact ?

and if this is so how must i do this that i not make a mess from my project ?

thanks
Jan Bullee
Jane
Site Admin

Re: auto source

Post by Jane »

First you can always play with these features in the the Sample Project.

Once you prepare a citation and then turn on Automatic Source Citation. Everything you enter until you turn it off will have a citation of your prepared citation added to it.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

I use the automatic source facility. When active it adds the selected source to every new fact entry. This is very useful if one is making mass entries from e.g. a census or a prison list.

The automatic source facility does not enter an event or attribute.

To copy an event, together with its source or citation, one can highlight the previous entry of that event and then use the fh copy and paste functions to add it to other person record.

I believe it is possible to do the same for BMD and census events using Ancestral Sources, but I dont usually use AS.
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

I did a short video on the use of Auto Source, it is on YouTube at https://youtu.be/PrBOcHAwc1o I hope it helps.
Bullee
Platinum

Post by Bullee »

thanks for all reply's

the video helpt me understand how it work but this is not exacly wat i'm looking for,

Jan Bullee
David2416
Superstar

Post by David2416 »

Valkrider wrote: 08 Jan 2022 15:37 I did a short video on the use of Auto Source, it is on YouTube at https://youtu.be/PrBOcHAwc1o I hope it helps.
Thanks for the video explains Auto Source nicely, might start using it!