* Exporting Files including Media to a new computer

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Yonner54
Family Historian: V7

Exporting Files including Media to a new computer

Post by Yonner54 »

I am pretty hopeless with technology. Any response needs to be basic without the use of anagrams please.
I am considering buying a new computer. My biggest fear is losing my family history information.
The last time I changed computers, many years ago, my GEDCOM file transfer was a success but without the media files. I didn't have so many media files in those days & went through the laborious task of re-importing them individually. Now I have so many the thought of going through that process again fills me with horror.
Can someone please advice me how I can export my whole project including all media files to a new computer.
Sorry if this is a very basic question to ask, but that signifies my level of competence.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
John
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Exporting Files including Media to a new computer

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

John, I suggest you read Family Historian Copy and Migration Guide carefully, and come back here for any clarification you need.