* Template Formats question

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Kylie
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Template Formats question

Post by Kylie »

Any chance you can tell me where & how to include "Reference" in the 'Footnote'? (Source Record/Citation Tab)

I also clicked "Assessment" but it doesn't want to appear in the 'Footnote' either. (also not showing in Short Footnote & Bibliography)

I was in Preferences, Source, - image attached. Realised I could change what is & isn't included in the Footnotes.

As for which Source Template, Generic - ALL.

So when I print any form of Narrative, Summary etc ALL the 'footnotes' that are on the "Source" page include the reference.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (29.4 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
ref.png
ref.png (35.55 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
printed.png
printed.png (36.49 KiB) Viewed 2096 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Template Formats question

Post by tatewise »

I've started a new topic for this.
You are getting mixed up between generic Sources and templated Sources.

Tools > Preferences > Sources > Generic Source Formats... only applies to Sources that do NOT have a Source Template linked to them, i.e. they use the standard FH/GEDCOM generic Source record format.

Your Source record [93] is using the Civil Registration Certificate template.
So to change its Footnote Format you must Clone that template and edit via Tools > Source Template Definitions...

There are restrictions on where Citation fields such as Assessment can appear in some Formats.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Kylie
Platinum

Post by Kylie »

Thank you :)
cwhermann
Famous

Post by cwhermann »

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question.
I am trying to format the footnote and bibliography for custom source/citations fields and would like some help with field code qualifiers for "place' type fields. I have search the FH Help, FHUG KB and done several searched of this forum, but have found anything.
In a number of Sources/Citations I use a field named "Jurisdiction" using the "Place" type. In the USA these are typically County, State or City, State. In the footnotes I want the field to read County, State, but in the bibliography I would like to to read State. County. or State. City.
The FH help discusses the REVERSE qualifier for "Name" fields, but I cannot find any similar qualifier for "Place" fields.
Certainly, one work around is separate fields for "City" "County" "State" and then to place them in the correct order, but it would be much easier with a simple qualifier.
Almost always, the "Jurisdiction" field is a source level field.
Curtis Hermann
FH 7.0.15
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Take a look at the =TextPart() function that is designed to work with comma-separated fields like Place.
Its REV mode should provide what you want.
See https://www.family-historian.co.uk/help ... tpart.html
If you need more advice then please ask again.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry