* Add Historical details to narrative report

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
arishmell
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Re: Add Historical details to narrative report

Post by arishmell »

Sorry Mike, I think I was misunderstanding something here. I can create a Dummy Individual against which I can create any number of custom fact Historical Events, each of which has a Citation and Source against it, am I right? These Historical Facts would be arranged in date order, as would the Source Citations if appropriately named. As I've never used Fact Witnesses before, I didn't grasp that I could select that fact in the Dummy Individual's timeline and add any number of witnesses to it at any time. I have already discovered that if I delete the Historical Fact in any individual timeline (rather than through the Dummy Individual), it deletes the whole thing, which is just asking for trouble where I am concerned.

On the other hand, if I simply use my custom Historical Event attribute for an individual, I create Citation and Source named so that it is arranged by Year and Event on the Source Tab. I can then add Historical Event facts to any individual, perhaps on a Named list or through a query, by selecting an existing Source. I don't anticipate adding vast numbers at this point; I'm still building the local database to be augmented by national and world events. But I am a bear of little brain so this is a work in progress.
Maureen

Researching:
Waycott, Fewings, Piper, Burgoyne, Johns, Phillips, Paddon, Streat;
Morrish, Rowd*n, Pike, Lowder, Flood, Parsons and others.
All in glorious Devon!
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Add Historical details to narrative report

Post by tatewise »

I wasn't expecting the Historical Facts would need Source Citations but you can if you want.

The Fact Witnesses have a big blue arrow on the left, so that should warn you not to Delete.
You also have to click X Delete and confirm the popup message.

I don't understand your process of adding Historical Facts directly to Individual records.
You don't explain where the fact details of Date, Place, and Notes are entered.
How is a Named List or a Query involved?
Selecting a Source does not add a fact.
I am wondering if you have actually worked through that process with actual data.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry