* Date Functions in Report Page Layout

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
CJGK497
Family Historian: V6.2

Date Functions in Report Page Layout

Post by CJGK497 »

I'm trying to generate a footer item for inbuilt reports in the form "© Year Author". The suggested function syntax =Year() replicates as written, and I can find no way of extricating just the year from =Date().
Is it possible, or am I missing something?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Date Functions in Report Page Layout

Post by tatewise »

You are talking about the Report > Options > Page Layout tab Footer settings.
The options are limited to the four functions listed in the Tip below.
Other functions such as =Year() are not supported in the Header and Footer boxes.
So what you want to achieve is not possible with the standard reports.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Depending on the complexity of your report, it might be an option to save the report as a Word-Processor Document (RTF) and edit it there. I use that option for Family Group Sheet reports, where I want the name of the family in the header. The best FH can do is by using the functions =Title() =Record(), but that renders as "Family Group Sheet ... of John SMITH and Mary JONES". I tidy it up in Word, along with other fixes such as inelegant page breaks.
Mark Draper
CJGK497
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by CJGK497 »

Mike, Mark

Thanks for both of your replies. The situation is just as I thought, but i was just quietly hopeful that other functions supported in the remainder of FH might be valid in headers and footers as well. One for the wish-list perhaps.
fhtess65
Megastar

Post by fhtess65 »

This has been my solution as well. FH gives me the info I need, a word processor allows me to format it to my own standards.

Teresa
Mark1834 wrote: 07 Apr 2021 22:40 Depending on the complexity of your report, it might be an option to save the report as a Word-Processor Document (RTF) and edit it there. I use that option for Family Group Sheet reports, where I want the name of the family in the header. The best FH can do is by using the functions =Title() =Record(), but that renders as "Family Group Sheet ... of John SMITH and Mary JONES". I tidy it up in Word, along with other fixes such as inelegant page breaks.
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
Librarian & family historian
http://writingmypast.wordpress.com
Researching: Spong, Ferdinando, Taylor, Lawley, Sinkins, Montgomery; Basiński, Hilferding, Ratowski, Paszkiewicz