* Keyboard oddity in notes field

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Robert Jacobs
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Keyboard oddity in notes field

Post by Robert Jacobs »

I have a keyboard with a few macro keys. One of them is set to output Łódź. It works perfectly in most of the property box fields, "place" for example. The notes field, however, displays only ód with an empty space where the Ł is supposed to be.

Oddly enough, if I copy Łódź from, say, Notepad or LibreOffice, it will successfully paste into the notes field.

I'm not sure whether it's worth reporting this to Calico Pie, but I imagine it's some kind of minor bug.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Keyboard oddity in notes field

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I suggest reporting to to CP. http://support.calico-pie.com/open.php
Robert Jacobs
Famous

Post by Robert Jacobs »

Done. :)
Robert Jacobs
Famous

Post by Robert Jacobs »

Calico Pie immediately suggested that my macro was outputting ANSI characters rather than UTF8 text. They were exactly right. I was able to fix it by pasting a UTF8 version into my macro and now all is well.
fhtess65
Megastar

Post by fhtess65 »

Good to know there's a solution. And my dad's side is from that area of Poland as well...I hadn't thought of using a macro to input it to save me the time copying and pasting the diacritics.
Robert Jacobs wrote: 23 Feb 2021 17:47 Calico Pie immediately suggested that my macro was outputting ANSI characters rather than UTF8 text. They were exactly right. I was able to fix it by pasting a UTF8 version into my macro and now all is well.
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
Librarian & family historian
http://writingmypast.wordpress.com
Researching: Spong, Ferdinando, Taylor, Lawley, Sinkins, Montgomery; Basiński, Hilferding, Ratowski, Paszkiewicz