* Ancestral Sources vs 7

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
waltonnz
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

Ancestral Sources vs 7

Post by waltonnz »

I'm trying to enter a Census record using Method 2 as I have always done. When I enter the individual, I normally see people related to him below plus a button to add more children. This is not happening. I uninstalled vs 7 and installed the older version and it worked perfectly. Then I installed vs 7 again and the problem reappeared.
Patricia
Attachments
AS vs 7.jpg
AS vs 7.jpg (196.5 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Ancestral Sources vs 7

Post by NickWalker »

Hi

This looks like a display issue on your PC. Various boxes are displaying a bit oddly in your screenshot. As a starting point: are you using a supported version of Windows (Windows 10, Windows 8) or an obsolete version (e.g. Windows 7)?

Thanks

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
waltonnz
Diamond

Post by waltonnz »

I'm using Windows 10 on a relatively new computer - yes a supported version. I'm using Family Historian vs 6 - not yet updated to the latest version.
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

I've only had one person report this issue with Windows 10 and it was related to a high DPI settings that they'd switched on for earlier versions of AS (which didn't deal with high DPI) but was no longer required for AS 7.

With AS not running.... If you right-click on the AS shortcut (e.g. on your desktop) and choose properties and then go to the Compatability tab, check that nothing is ticked and then go to 'Change high DPI settings' and make sure nothing is ticked there either. If any of the options are ticked, untick them and click OK to save the changes and then try running it again.

Cheers

Nick
Nick Walker

waltonnz
Diamond

Post by waltonnz »

Yes, I've done that - nothing was ticked.
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

Hmm ok in that case I'm not sure what to suggest next...

As an experiment (with AS closed) you could go to Windows Settings->Display and have a look at the Scale and Layout setting - e.g. it may be 100%, 125%, etc. Try changing that and see if AS looks any better when you run it again. If it does work, and assuming you want to, you could try setting it back again (with AS closed) and see if it then reverts to the incorrect display. What's your display resolution?

Nick
Nick Walker

waltonnz
Diamond

Post by waltonnz »

Success, my display resolution is 1920 x 1080. I found that - Change the size of text, apps and other items - was set to 175%. I had to sign out to change it. When I signed in again, it was set to 125%. I left it at that and launched Ancestral Sources again; it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help.
Patricia
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

Good news and useful to know.
Nick Walker