* Wall Charts

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
RichardJeffery69
Family Historian: V6.2

Wall Charts

Post by RichardJeffery69 »

I am very interested in purchasing Family Historian. I have been a regular Ancestry.com user but now want to progress to producing a Wall chart. I want the wall chart design to include lines connecting people, but NOT BOXES. I have attached a sample of how I would like the wall chart to appear. Can you please confirm that Family Historian will produce charts that resemble this one.

Thank you
Attachments
Original Munro tree2.jpg
Original Munro tree2.jpg (116.58 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
GeneSniper
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Wall Charts

Post by GeneSniper »

Hi Richard,

Yes, FH can print similar charts, although I am not sure if it can have a background like the one you have in your example. I am sure someone will come along and confirm that. You could download the 30 day free trial and give it a whizz to see if it suits you and whether the charts are what you want.
William

* Illegitimi non carborundum *
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

Yes, and to answer GeneSniper's question you can have a background picture, with various 'fade' levels. (Diagram Options>General tab>Background has a drop-down menu, the last of which is picture.)
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG Richard.

Here is a Diagram I've just knocked up quickly with a crude background image as an example.
You can choose any background image, choose a variety of box styles, choose the text & events to include, whether to include photos or not, add box icons like your ships, and many other options.
See fhugdownloads:contents:my_family_group_tree|> Diagram Type ~ Family Group Tree for a different example.

FH can produce a single-page PDF file of a Diagram Chart up to 200" x 200" or 5080 mm x 5080mm that can be printed.

TreeDiagram.png
TreeDiagram.png (257.92 KiB) Viewed 2571 times
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
GeneSniper
Superstar

Post by GeneSniper »

Thanks Lorna
William

* Illegitimi non carborundum *