* Backtracing Links

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
evinther
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Backtracing Links

Post by evinther »

Hello,

A newbie question.

I've migrated to FH from Legacy Family Tree and there Notes are an attribute of an Individual and not an independent entity that can be linked to. In Legacy I've made quite a lot of Research Notes like "Verify his birth in Church Records". As these notes in Legacy are an attribute of a particular individual, there is no doubt about whom the subject is, but now in FH i see these notes in the Notes List and wonder how can backtrace to the individual that links to the note?

Regards
Erik
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Backtracing Links

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Select the note you're interested in and select View > Record Links... from the menu at the top of the programme.

Not all Notes are standalone records -- you can also create Notes that are 'local' to a single individual.

If you want to see some approaches to creating tasks like 'Verify his birth in Church Records' look at how_to:create_work_in_progress_or_research_to_do_lists|> Planning and Tracking Your Research
evinther
Platinum

Post by evinther »

Hello ColeValleyGirl

Thanks for your quick reply and answer to my question - and the link to the Knowledge Base.

Regards
Erik
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

If those 'linked' Note records are only linked to one Individual record then there is a Plugin that will move them to be local to that Individual. See Clean Up Notes in the Plugin Store.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
evinther
Platinum

Post by evinther »

Thanks Mike, very useful plug-in. It significantly reduced my Notes list!!