* Individuals with same Source Type

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
Neal
Gold
Family Historian: None

Individuals with same Source Type

Post by Neal »

Ultimately I'm trying to flag people whose details I've found in certain source types (eg everyone cited in Army discharge papers).

I think that I need to run a query asking to include all individuals with a certain source type, but I'm not doing well. I can create a query for an event within an individual's record, but can't seem to link with a source attribute like 'source type'.

Any clues, anyone?[confused]

ID:2664
pwe
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by pwe »

In the list of standard queries there is one 'Individuals linked to source' which should, I think, do what you want.
Peter E
Neal
Gold

Post by Neal »

Thanks, but I think that only shows people linked with individual sources, not groups of sources (eg Source Types).  But I don't know if there's a similar function for source type[??].

So far, the best I've come up with is to add each relevant source manually to a list for that source type, and then flag that list.  But a query would be better (and a lot quicker).

Any further thoughts?
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

As long as you know the event type you are checking you can use

INDI.BIRT[1].SOUR[1]>_TYPE

replacing BIRT with the relevent event type. I would also add a couple of extra lines like

INDI.BIRT[2].SOUR[1]>_TYPE
INDI.BIRT[2].SOUR[2]>_TYPE

and use contains for the selection.
Neal
Gold

Post by Neal »

Thanks Jane, I'll try to work this into a query.

I think that it's the closest that I'm going to get to selecting all cited in a source (for all events). I guess that if the source covers more than one event, I could just write several lines with different events in the query? Anyway, I'll have a play around.

Thanks again, Neal
Neal
Gold

Post by Neal »

Just a quick check to see if anyone has yet worked out how to develop a query that will show individuals linked with a 'source type' (across all their life events)?

The closest that we had got two years ago (see rest of thread) was listing those associated with a source type for a certain event (eg birth).

Thanks,
Neal
PatrickT
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by PatrickT »

It should be possible in v4 to do something with a Fact query with a row filter of Add if %FACT.SOUR[1]>_TYPE% contains ['Source Type'] where 'Source Type' has been set as a parameter. Column settings could then include:

Fact Owner:     =FactOwner(%FACT%,1,MALES_FIRST)
Fact Name:      =FactName(%FACT%)
Fact Source:    %FACT.SOUR[1]>%
Fact:           %FACT%