* Stripped Down gedcom

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
rfj1001
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Stripped Down gedcom

Post by rfj1001 » 06 Apr 2006 17:28

Any chance that a later version could have a facility that created a stripped down gedcom (based on selectable events and attributes) that could be sent to others. (There's just too much personal information on my full copy for it to be passed on to others.)

ID:1521

nsw

Stripped Down gedcom

Post by nsw » 06 Apr 2006 17:41

Yes I would agree with this. People seem to constantly be asking advice about how to strip out personal information and they are always referred to utilities such as Res Privata or other methods. It would be great for Family Historian to have a wizard to deal with it.

GraemeHerrington
Family Historian: None

Stripped Down gedcom

Post by GraemeHerrington » 29 May 2006 21:03

I'd like to add a similar request, which is to be able to export partial trees / Gedcoms (say from a specific record ID), because I might want to send a partial record set to someone who grafts onto one part of my tree, but to whom the rest of it is not relevant.

GMH

Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V6.2

Stripped Down gedcom

Post by Jane » 29 May 2006 21:10

Graeme, you can already do that, just use the split tree helper, there is a Link, How To showing how to use it.

IanM
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Stripped Down gedcom

Post by IanM » 02 Aug 2006 23:13

This is to second (or third) the request by RobFJ to have the facility to select or remove specific attributes or events, rather than individuals. Meantime I'm considering a macro in Excel but, before I try to reinvent the wheel, does anyone already have a means of removing attributes and events?