* Missing Emails and Profile Issues

Please only post suggestions and requests for help on using this web site here.

For help with FAMILY HISTORIAN itself please post in the Using Family Historian - General Usage Forum above.
CliveSpratt
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Missing Emails and Profile Issues

Post by CliveSpratt »

I am still missing the usual posts from the group. Have updated my profile to show using Ver 7.0.7 and my website address today, but have not received any posts for the last two weeks? Am I missing something? CliveSpratt
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Missing Emails and Profile Issues

Post by tatewise »

Clive, unfortunately, you have not successfully updated your Profile which still says Family Historian: V6.2 as shown to the right of your posting. I suspect any other changes you have tried to make have also not been registered.
Did you tick Receive Weekly Activity Summary?
Did you scroll down and click the SUBMIT button?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Missing Emails and Profile Issues

Post by LornaCraig »

Clive, are you confusing this user group (FHUG) with the FH mailing list which is run by Calico Pie? You sent a message to the FH mailing list on 11 June with the subject "Have not received any emails from Group recently". That list had been quiet for a few days but there have been a number of posts since then.

For details of the mailing list see FH Mailing List, where in one paragraph it says:

"If you find that you have not received a message via the list for 24 hours, but you can see messages have been sent by visiting https://groups.io/g/family-historian and looking at the Message History, you may have been suspended. The list computer will automatically stop sending messages after a certain number of messages have bounced from your E-mail address. If you think this has happened to you, then just subscribe again."
Lorna