* Roles for events in source citations

For Wish List Requests that have either (a) been progressed to the Wish List; or (b) been classified as duplicates, or as redundant because the requirement is already satisfied within FH and/or plugins; or (c) closed because it wasn't possible to arrive at a clear specification of the request within 15 months of it being raised.
kathykult
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Roles for events in source citations

Post by kathykult »

I would like to have the ability to add more 'roles' in an event within a source citation. Currently, the only values allowed are Child, Husband, Wife, Mother, Father, or Spouse. But according to the GEDCOM 5.5 Standard (http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~pmcbride ... E_IN_EVENT), additional roles can be added, if they are enclosed within ()s. Could this functionality possibly be added to FH?

I did try to add a role manually by modifying my .ged file outside of FH with this:
3 EVEN CENS
4 ROLE (SISTER)

But when I called it up into FH, the (SISTER) didn't display in the role drop-down box. And when I saved the .ged in FH, it actually deleted the ROLE entry, and left it as:
3 EVEN CENS

I think adding the ability to add our own roles to source citations would be beneficial, as we can then effectively note the role an individual had for events such as censuses, births, deaths, marriages, or any other event.

- Kathy Kult

ID:2485
Kathy Kult