* Amend calculation of Children count in Focus Window

For Wish List Requests that have either (a) been progressed to the Wish List; or (b) been classified as duplicates, or as redundant because the requirement is already satisfied within FH and/or plugins; or (c) closed because it wasn't possible to arrive at a clear specification of the request within 15 months of it being raised.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Amend calculation of Children count in Focus Window

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

For privacy reasons (in recent families) I am not recording details of each child (except in a private note) but I am recording child counts for the parents concerned. However, the Focus Window shows Children 0 for such relationships so I'm guessing this is based on recorded descendants not Count of Children for the Families. See the Family record Property Box, and on its All tab, right-click Add Miscellaneous > Count of Children.

Can I suggest that the Focus Window bases the Children count displayed on Count of Children if greater or equal to recorded children otherwise on recorded children.

This would also address the scenario where (for example in the 1911 UK census) a child count is recorded but does not match the number of descendants traced; some users will choose to record a Count of Children rather than create records for each unknown child.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Amend calculation of child count in focus window

Post by tatewise »

Yes, that would work, but is NOT the Individual Child Count attribute you have been discussing up until now in Child count in focus window (14150).

It does NOT appear in Reports unless you customise them, and for ISR it does NOT appear against the appropriate Marriage.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Amend calculation of Children count in Focus Window

Post by tatewise »

Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry