* Viewing Find My past hints/links

For Wish List Requests that have either (a) been progressed to the Wish List; or (b) been classified as duplicates, or as redundant because the requirement is already satisfied within FH and/or plugins; or (c) closed because it wasn't possible to arrive at a clear specification of the request within 15 months of it being raised.
baxendl
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Viewing Find My past hints/links

Post by baxendl »

There has been some discussion regarding what happens after you've accepted or rejected the FMP hints shown in the Focus Window. When you accept or reject them all for a person, the ability to view the hints is removed from the focus window for that person unless you change the global settings, which in turn affects all the other people in your database.

All very good if you've gone through everyone on your database and accepted/rejected for them all. You just change the settings to give access for everyone. But, if like me, it's taking a while to go through all the people in the database and accept or reject the suggested hints, then this can be very unhelpful.

Is there some way that the settings could be changed to give access to 'Accepted' hints at the same time leaving all the 'New' hints visible in the Focus Window?

Thank you.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Viewing Find My past hints/links

Post by tatewise »

Presumably something similar to the MyHeritage setting for Confirmed or Pending, which would be Accepted or New in FMP terms, is what is needed.

Also a better way of finding 'hints' is needed than having to manually traverse all the Individuals via the Focus Window. I cannot imagine how long that would take with a database of tens of thousands of people. Perhaps there needs to be an FH function that returns the 'hints' for an Individual, so that Queries and Plugins can list the details.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Viewing Find My past hints/links

Post by tatewise »

Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry