* Ancestry.com integration

For Wish List Requests that have either (a) been progressed to the Wish List; or (b) been classified as duplicates, or as redundant because the requirement is already satisfied within FH and/or plugins; or (c) closed because it wasn't possible to arrive at a clear specification of the request within 15 months of it being raised.
cjdenbow
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Ancestry.com integration

Post by cjdenbow »

Is there any chance that FH could work out an agreement with ancestry.com like RootsMagic has negotiated? They are working on a complete integration with ancestry.com that will allow "tree syncing," searches, source downloads, etc., from ancestry.com within RM. At this juncture only RM and the now independently produced FTM will have these features. I find them very appealing, but I like the FH program better, so I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma. If FH would negotiate an agreement with ancestry, I could get off the horns of this dilemma and settle on FH as my go-to genealogical program, or if you prefer programme. See, I can speak British! ;-)
Carl Jón Denbow, Ph.D., Director of Communication Emeritus, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, Ohio https://www.denbowtree.org My avatar is the battle flag of the 78th Ohio Volunteer Infantry in the U.S. Civil War.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Ancestry.com integration

Post by tatewise »

Carl, have you seen how_to:exchanging_data_with_ancestry_ftm|> Exchanging Data with Ancestry and FTM?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

I'm sure Calico will be doing what they can to also work out a deal with Ancestry if at all possible. We'll just have to wait and see.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
cjdenbow
Diamond

Post by cjdenbow »

tatewise wrote:Carl, have you seen how_to:exchanging_data_with_ancestry_ftm|> Exchanging Data with Ancestry and FTM?
No, I had not. Thanks for the link, but these are "work arounds" rather than an actual integrated solution. I hope the latter can be worked out.
Carl Jón Denbow, Ph.D., Director of Communication Emeritus, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, Ohio https://www.denbowtree.org My avatar is the battle flag of the 78th Ohio Volunteer Infantry in the U.S. Civil War.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry