* FH V3 crashing

Older V3 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
CJGK
Silver
Family Historian: None

FH V3 crashing

Post by CJGK »

For the past 2 days, my FH V3 has been crashing out after running for about a minute. The V4 Issues Forum is reporting the same problem there, which seems to be associated with a recent update to McAfee anti-virus software (in my case the BT NetProtectPlus version accompanying our broadband subscription). Is anyone else having the same problem with FH V3?

Chris

ID:5468
dadams04

FH V3 crashing

Post by dadams04 »

Yes I have exactly that problem which started happening today on both my Desktop and Laptop both of which arerunning McAfee as part of BTNetProtect Plus.
dadams04

FH V3 crashing

Post by dadams04 »

dadams04 said:
Yes I have exactly that problem which started happening today on both my Desktop and Laptop both of which arerunning McAfee as part of BTNetProtect Plus.
Denise
AnneEast
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

FH V3 crashing

Post by AnneEast »

See the same discussion in the V4 Usage forum. It seems to be McAfee's fault.

Anne
SimonOrde
Program Designer
Family Historian: V7

FH V3 crashing

Post by SimonOrde »

McAfee say that they have now fixed the problem.  Please see the discussion in the V4 usage forum: http://www.fhug.org.uk/cgi-bin/index.cg ... 6&start=90
CJGK
Silver

FH V3 crashing

Post by CJGK »

Long update of BT NetProtectPlus (a.k.a. McAfee)just completed, and FH 3.1.2 has been stable for 10 minutes! Looks as though it's been cracked. I've posted this to the V4 list for completeness.

Chris