* Descendants Tab

For existing requests please see The Wish List
nconway567
Family Historian: V7

Descendants Tab

Post by nconway567 » 23 Jun 2022 13:19

On the Focus window - Descendants tab, it would be very helpful to have a Expand all/collapse all button, as well as a Zoom in/Zoom out.

When looking through families with a lot of branches, it becomes unwieldy.
Descendants tab.jpg
Descendants tab.jpg (247.82 KiB) Viewed 553 times

LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Descendants Tab

Post by LornaCraig » 23 Jun 2022 13:33

If you click on any of the small squares to the left it will collapse the corresponding branch. To collapse them all, click on the top one (next to Hannah Lathrop in your example). Is that what you mean?

Clicking the button again will expand the branch(es) to whatever state they were in when when you collapsed them, so if the sub-branches were previously expanded they will re-open in that state.
Lorna

nconway567

Post by nconway567 » 23 Jun 2022 14:53

Yes, I know I can click on the Plus or Minus to expand/contract. Most collapsible views have a main "Collapse All" or "Contract All" option which closes all the branches with one click.

Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane » 23 Jun 2022 15:15

Have you experimented with using the Left Right Descendants diagram instead, it offers a lot more customisation and you can control the number of generations to show on opening and easily change the information shown.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."