* Fact Set file structure

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Mark1834
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Fact Set file structure

Post by Mark1834 »

The [.index] section of my FH Standard Fact Set file contains these two lines:

Code: Select all

Ver1=6
Ver2=0
My Extended Set contains

Ver1=4
Ver2=0
Default=99
If I create a brand new Fact Set with a single Fact, it is this, and doesn't change as I add more Facts

Ver1=6
Ver2=0
Has anybody reverse-engineered the file to work out exactly what these terms mean? My default will be to leave them unchanged in any plugin Fact Set modifications, but I'm just slightly wary of terms that I don't understand.
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Fact Set file structure

Post by tatewise »

Apart from noticing the numbers, I have ignored them.
The Extended Set has probably not been updated since it was introduced many years ago in FH V6, whereas new facts have been added to the FH V7 Fact Sets.
I've not noticed any obvious features that differ between versions.
I think some other customisation files have similar numbers that I also ignore.
Presumably, they mean something to CP.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: Fact Set file structure

Post by Mark1834 »

I might ask them if there is any further dialogue on the structure of the RM Import set, but I suspect they might just recommend against plugins writing to these files...

I've seen previous versions of the Standard Fact Set in the FH Program Files(x86) folder. The only reason I can think of to do that is if the changes are not backwardly compatible, so the program has to be able to have access to an old version.
Mark Draper