* Custom Id

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
mezentia
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Custom Id

Post by mezentia »

I have about 20000 individuals in my tree, a significant proportion of which have custom ids. The ids fall into three categories:

1. Those that are the same as the record id
2. Those that start with the letter D
3. Those that start with the letters BS

I would like to delete all the custom id fields that do not start with BS; these are references to someone else's research and the others are simply not relevent any more. I could do the removal manually, and I've had a brief look at the plugin developer, but I suspect someone here could knock up a plugin to do the job far more quickly than I could ... ;) ;)

It would also serve as a useful introduction to developing my own plugins later, if necessary.
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Custom Id

Post by Jane »

You don't need a plugin a query will do.
Write yourself a Query which shows your custom id column.
Add a filter to exclude the ones which "begins with" BS.

Run the Query. Select the column with the Custom IDs (select the first one and scroll to the end and Shift Click the last one) and press the delete key.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
mezentia
Superstar

Re: Custom Id

Post by mezentia »

Thanks, Jane, 4968 fields deleted :)