* Plugin to convert TMG Anecdotes to ordinary FH Notes

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
woodr2011
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Plugin to convert TMG Anecdotes to ordinary FH Notes

Post by woodr2011 »

Martin of CP has converted my TMG database to an FH7 project, and it is working beautifully! Just out of curiosity: The import process pulled over the Anecdote tabs that contain biographical data and placed them as Anecdotes under the Note tab in FH, but I would like to convert them to ordinary FH Notes as shown in the second line item in Notes tab in the attached photo. I would like to hire someone to write a script or a plugin that will allow me to accomplish this.
Attachments
hiram note.png
hiram note.png (322.61 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Plugin to convert TMG Anecdotes to ordinary FH Notes

Post by tatewise »

I presume you have seen the replies to your Change Anecdotes to Notes? (19934) question and despite the advice to the contrary still want to convert them.

I mentioned the complications of multiple Anecdote facts and pre-existing record local Note text.
You will need to specify how to handle such cases before a Plugin script can be implemented.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
woodr2011
Platinum

Re: Plugin to convert TMG Anecdotes to ordinary FH Notes

Post by woodr2011 »

I did see those responses, yes. I think it may be wiser for me to convert them manually as needed.