* Problem with Show Project Statistics

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
russellf97
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Problem with Show Project Statistics

Post by russellf97 »

Getting the Show Project Statistics plugin seemed like a good idea, so downloaded and ran, but not a lot happened, in fact nothing. I don't know how long it should take to come up with any results, but I don't have a phenomenal number of folks in my tree (5006), or families (1567), so after staring at the screen for a couple of minutes I finally figured there might be a problem.
The screenshots show what I'm getting, and the 5-button bar across the bottom of the page is completely missing. I've no idea what 'Wish List Ref 191 File Summary Display' is either.
So far I've removed the plugin, restarted the laptop and reinstalled it, but still the same. The other plugin works ok.
If anyone could tell what I've probably done wrong, it would be appreciated!
Attachments
Capture01.JPG
Capture01.JPG (45.1 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
Screenshot-15 May.jpg
Screenshot-15 May.jpg (155.98 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
Phil

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Problem with Show Project Statistics

Post by tatewise »

Phil, sorry about that but I have never seen those symptoms before.
Not only is the row of buttons missing but also the row of Totals below the Data row.

If you check the FHUG Forums ~ Board index, The Wish List link is shown just below the New Wish List Requests forum and included Ref 191 File Summary Display that is now marked as completed by a Version 6+ Plugin.

Can you drag the edges of the plugin window to make it wider and taller and maybe reveal the buttons?

Have you set the Windows display text customisation settings for Scale and Layout to other than 100%?
i.e. Windows 10 > Start > Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout.

Are you running Windows 10 or an earlier Windows version? If so which one?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
russellf97
Platinum

Post by russellf97 »

Hello Mike, My display is at 100% but resizing it doesn't make any difference.
I can only resize the window widthwise, if I try to alter the height nothing happens.
I'm running Windows 10 with the latest update.
My laptop only has a 15.6 inch screen so I'll try attaching to my 40" tv. I might get the same results but they will be a lot bigger!
Phil

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

My laptop is only 15.5" but with a resolution of 1366 x 768 and it is the height of 768 that is important here.
It seems your screen is a significantly lower resolution. On mine, the plugin window needs about 580 pixels.

Windows 10 > Start > Settings > System > Display > Display resolution

Also, have you increased the font size:

Windows 10 > Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Display > Make text bigger
russellf97
Platinum

Post by russellf97 »

My display resolution is the same as yours. I've tried others but everything goes a tad fuzzy if I change, and I only have two choices for text size; 100% or 125%.
I guess it's just one of those things.
Phil

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Have you checked:
Windows 10 > Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Display > Make text bigger and set text as small as possible?

If you can make the resolution larger, even temporarily, we can adjust the plugin so it will display everything.

It should also be possible to make your text less fuzzy by adjusting the settings.

With a larger resolution and visible plugin buttons, use its Set Window Fonts button.
Choose Headings Font and Choose Body text Font in turn and set a smaller point Size.
Click Minimum Size to reduce window size and then Close Dialogue and close plugin.

Reset your resolution and see if the plugin now shows all its buttons.

If that is Ok then let me know and we can investigate a larger resolution to get rid of fuzziness.
What is the Display resolution recommended by Windows Settings?
russellf97
Platinum

Post by russellf97 »

In Ease of Access > Display, the text size slider was set to small, and 1366 x 768 is the largest display size it will allow. I've had a trawl through the Display options but there's not a lot I can alter.

I wonder if it's because this is a fairly ancient laptop (in computing terms) being about six or seven years old and whatever drives the display just can't cope. I'll be getting myself another one in a couple of months time and I'll have another go then.
Many thanks for your efforts in trying to sort the problem out.
Phil

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

That is very odd because those characteristics are just like my laptop that is of a similar vintage and running Windows 10.

You could try the following 'trick' to reduce the plugin window size.

Run the plugin as usual, then press the keyboard up-arrow key twice and then the Enter key.
( What that does is change the 'focus' from the Close & Report button to the Set Window Fonts button and invoke it. )
That should display the Set Window Fonts & Colours dialogue.
Choose Headings Font ... and then Choose Body text Font ... and select a smaller point Size for both.
Click Minimum Size to reduce window size and then Close Dialogue.

Hopefully, that should reveal the row of buttons which should be remembered whenever the plugin is run.
russellf97
Platinum

Post by russellf97 »

Ah-ha! Well done Mike, that's pummelled it into submission. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to sort it out.
Phil