* exporting to GED error plugin 4.4

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Bullee
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

exporting to GED error plugin 4.4

Post by Bullee »

Hello,

when i want to export i get the following error
see also the attachment

[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:6948: invalid capture index %2
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'string.gsub'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:6948: in local 'strCreateObject'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:7070: in function <[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:6744>
[C]: in function 'string.gsub'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:8604: in local 'useRules'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:9612: in function 'ExportGedcom'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:9322: in function <[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:9312>
(...tail calls...)
[C]: in function 'iuplua.MainLoop'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:2497: in field 'ShowDialogue'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:9493: in function 'GUI_MainDialogue'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:9672: in main chunk

it stop's when it is about 33% and i can click on the button to go futher, but it wont go further.

sorry if it looks like a dub messega, but with FH7 i cannot get it exported to
Attachments
tempsnip.png
tempsnip.png (29.52 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: exporting to GED error plugin 4.4

Post by tatewise »

I think I have found the problem and it will be fixed in the next version of the plugin. Sorry about that.

It is caused by a Media record Title that contains a per cent character (%) somewhere.
The specific one that invokes the error message has %2 in the Title.
So open the Records Window on the Media tab and enter % in the Title Filter box at the top.
That should list the offending Title(s) that you can edit to eliminate the % character(s) so the Plugin will work

BTW: Please see Export Gedcom File for (MYH) MyHeritage Family Tree Builder for useful advice.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Bullee
Platinum

Post by Bullee »

that give me already something,
there was 1 file with a %, but now i get

not enough memory error

Jan Bullee
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Sorry about that Jan. The not enough memory problem is a recurring theme with FH V7 that did not arise with FH V6.
Other users have had similar problems and my prototype version is fixed but not yet published.

Please try the attached prototype Export Gedcom File plugin Version 4.4.5 Date 19 Apr 2021 in a ZIP file.
After downloading, right-click it and use Extract All... to get the raw plugin file that can be double-clicked to import to FH.
[ EDIT: Attachment delete as in Plugin Store. ]
Bullee
Platinum

Post by Bullee »

Thanks for that i am realy glad that i now finaly have make a good copy from my ged file.

again thanx,

Jan Bullee
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »