* Export GEDCOM Plug - Problems with File Conversion

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
ADC65
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Export GEDCOM Plug - Problems with File Conversion

Post by ADC65 »

I just did another run through, and for me, INDI took 4 minutes, SOUR took 5 minutes and the remaining types took just seconds. I suspect this is to do with the way I organise my media. At the moment, I do not have photo media in FH, except very small thumbnail images, one per person for people I have images for. The rest of the media are certificates, censuses, headstones, etc. I attach the media to the Source, e.g., if I have a birth certificate, the media will be attached to it. However, to help organise the way I work with TNG (and for that matter, in FH too), I also link the media to the person or persons it relates to. So if it was my birth certificate, I would link the copy of the birth certificate to the Source record and me.

I watched the files being created, and it appears that when it processes an Individual, it creates the media files attached to that person. At the moment, I have about half of my media attached to people (it's a relatively new way of working and I have not finished linking). Therefore about half in INDI and half in SOUR seems about right to me. Hope this makes sense.
Adrian Cook
Researching Cook, Summers, Phipps and Bradford, mainly in Wales and the South West of England
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Thank you. That is helpful. I will put possible run time improvements on my check-list.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry