* {XXX} Symbol in out put of Rearrange Address Place and Parts

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
BakerJL75
Famous
Family Historian: V7

{XXX} Symbol in out put of Rearrange Address Place and Parts

Post by BakerJL75 »

I'm using the Rearrange Address Place and Parts plugin to combine the Address parts with the place parts. I'm using 7 place parts and right justified them so the first 3 places were blank. Then I transferred by (3) Address parts to those blank fields. It worked except many, not all of my part 1 addresses are preceded with {XXX} with a larger variety of contents. IV 3, IS13, etc. For example, {IL4}Smith Street, Dallas, Dallas County, Texas, United States. There are no error warnings. Thanks for any ideas,

Jackie
Thanks,
Jackie
tatewise
Megastar

Re: {XXX} Symbol in out put of Rearrange Address Place and Parts

Post by tatewise »

Hi Jackie,
Check out the Help & Advice for the Result Set.

That rearrangement has cloned many Place records from one original Place record before the justifying.
So they will all have identical details such as Lat/Long geocoding, Notes, Media, etc, that may no longer be appropriate.
Therefore, they all need reviewing.

There is a quick way of removing all those prefixes using the Search and Replace plugin as described in the Help & Advice for the Result Set.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
BakerJL75
Famous

Re: {XXX} Symbol in out put of Rearrange Address Place and Parts

Post by BakerJL75 »

Thanks Mike!
Thanks,
Jackie