* Export Gedcom File V4.1.2

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
ronk
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Export Gedcom File V4.1.2

Post by ronk »

Thanks Mike,

All good, had no unrecognized data on importing to Legacy 7.5. Now I just need to remember that setting for LFT 9.0 Or maybe better, just remove entirely for 7.5 and 9.0, since I don't input or use location lat/long in LFT. I still use LFT for a some viewing and reporting. I tried LFT 8.0, and was hoping LFT 9.0 would improve the performance hit.

Glad I was busy with other tasks (taking down Christmas decorations) and hadn't yet done an image restore. I may not have to do that after all.

Update:
FYI...I also imported the place map records without error into LFT Deluxe v9.0.0.368 as well, confirming what you said, and the location latitude & longtitude appear in the master location list.
Ron Krzmarzick~~ FH 7.0.20 TNG 14.0.2 website Roots & Relatives Remembered, Laragon 5.0, Win 11 pro
ronk
Superstar

Re: Export Gedcom File V4.2

Post by ronk »

Mike,

I see you released Export Gedcom File V4.2 and I have tested it out with both LFT and TNG options. Not that it seems to have affected the resulting import, but I was just curious why, for LFT, the gedcom record "1 form jpg" was changed to "1 form jpeg". I did note the TNG option gedcom was already "jpeg" however.
Ron Krzmarzick~~ FH 7.0.20 TNG 14.0.2 website Roots & Relatives Remembered, Laragon 5.0, Win 11 pro
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Export Gedcom File V4.2

Post by tatewise »

The options affecting those filetypes have not changed since V4.0 so it depends when you last exported.
V4.0 is more GEDCOM compliant in some areas than it was before in order to pass validation tools that I use.
It is a quirk of the GEDCOM 5.5 and 5.5.1 specifications that 5.5 FORM must use jpeg & tiff but 5.5.1 demands jpg & tif.
Both LFT and TNG essentially use GEDCOM 5.5 but both are actually a hybrid of both 5.5 and 5.5.1

To see what is affected by Plugin versions, in the download pages there is a Version History that summarises the major changes, although the jpg/jpeg effect is not mentioned.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry