* Plugin Store

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
davepacey
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Plugin Store

Post by davepacey »

Anyone else having a problem accessing the plug in store?
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (328.82 KiB) Viewed 6672 times
Dave Pacey - Lincolnshire UK
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Plugin Store

Post by tatewise »

No, I don't have that problem and I access the Plugin Store repeatedly every day and also use Firefox.

Does it happen a lot, or only once so far? Does ReCAPTCHA let you in?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
mjashby
Megastar

Post by mjashby »

I get the same result, plus the 'Check Installed Plugins Against the Store' Plugin reports errors on every plugin, i.e. states each plugin needs updating, then errors out if you choose 'Yes'.

Edit: Tested the 'Recapture' and it did 'unlock' access to the site, but it reported the same access error within a couple of minutes. Server problem?
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

tatewise wrote: 14 Dec 2020 19:26 No, I don't have that problem and I access the Plugin Store repeatedly every day and also use Firefox.

Does it happen a lot, or only once so far? Does ReCAPTCHA let you in?
It has only started this afternoon, captcha sometimes lets me in but have to do it every time, check plugins against store also is not behaving properly, finding everyone needs updating but give a connection error for each one.

I also get the same issue going to Family Historian web site, same server I guess, there is obviously a problem somewhere with the server
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (282.5 KiB) Viewed 6638 times
Last edited by davepacey on 14 Dec 2020 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I can only suggest reporting it via http://www.calico-pie.com/osticket/open.php if you can get in :?:
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

tatewise wrote: 14 Dec 2020 20:11 I can only suggest reporting it via http://www.calico-pie.com/osticket/open.php if you can get in :?:
I have done so, interestingly, I get the same problem running from v6 on a different computer, same results on my mobile phone using a mobile signal, so that suggests to me it is a random problem with CP's server

Dave
johnmorrisoniom
Megastar

Post by johnmorrisoniom »

I am getting the same problem. After getting in with recaptcha I ran the check installed plugins against the store plugin.
Every Plugin I have has an update (Even the ones not in the store) and error on download every time.
Screenshot 2020-12-14 201807.jpg
Screenshot 2020-12-14 201807.jpg (271.6 KiB) Viewed 6629 times
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Have you manually updated the plugin as per Check Installed Plugins Against the Store (18280)?
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

tatewise wrote: 14 Dec 2020 21:30 Have you manually updated the plugin as per Check Installed Plugins Against the Store (18280)?
I have yes, this has been working fine until this afternoon.

Just to clarify, when I run the check installed plugins against store, it reports every one I have as needing an upgrade, but then gives an error message about connection. All of my plugins are up to date. I have submitted a ticket to CP as I am not the only person having issues, they obviously have a problem with their server allowing connections from certain IP addresses.
BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH »

No problem getting to the store here.

Bill
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

BillH wrote: 14 Dec 2020 22:51 No problem getting to the store here.

Bill
I can 30% of tries, but not always, running the plugin to check installed plugins against the store however, always falls over and does not run as it should, it has only been behaving this way since this afternoon, and is same on all 3 of my computers, I await a response from CP, other than your ticket has been logged lol

I have lost interest now and given up trying, I am happy with the plugins I have, all up to date and all work properly, apart from the check all plugins one. At least two other people are having the same issue so I can sleep easy knowing it is not just me lol
BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH »

I have tried getting to the site about 8 or 9 times over the time since the original posting in this thread (about 4 1/2 hours) and it has worked every time so not sure what is happening on your end.

I am still on 6.2.7 and don't want to update the plugins yet to the ones that have been converted for FH 7 so can't test that part of the problem.

Bill
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

I have had a reply from CP this morning as below.

"This is probably caused by excessive calls to the server in rapid succession, triggering a flood warning on the server.
I will request the check for updates plugin is changed to put a delay between each call to the server.
Please note repeatedly running the current script will make the problem worse not better."

Utter Rubbish !!
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

davepacey wrote: 15 Dec 2020 08:54 Utter Rubbish !!
You have, I assume, consulted CP's server logs before saying this?
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

I had no problems yesterday but do today. I assume the same as you? I cant reach the Plug in Store via the Tools menu in fh7. I havent a clue what I am doing.
One problem for me is that the target site is nowhere named in the error message as belonging to fh.

"You need to contact the server owner or hosting provider for further information.

Your blocked IP address is: 150.143.197.81

The hostname of this server is: bespin.krystal.uk
You can try to unblock yourself using ReCAPTCHA:"
https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/download/ ... ew&id=5491

If one runs the check for updates against the store plug in there is the error.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.42 KiB) Viewed 6478 times
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

ColeValleyGirl wrote: 15 Dec 2020 09:05
You have, I assume, consulted CP's server logs before saying this?
I think that's as likely as them having checked the logs before posting a response lol
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

To Dave, I can't imagine why you think they'd be lying to you ...

To everyone, please don't run the 'Check Installed Plugins Against the Store'; the more times you retry the quicker the server decides there's a problem. Check your important plugins and update them MANUALLY for now, until the 'Check Installed Plugins Against the Store' can be rewritten.
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

This morning, if I tick the Captcha, I can access the plugin web site, however, I still get a problem running the check installed plugins against store plugin, it still finds every plugin needs updating, this time I let it try to update, none are updated with a connection error message, the results displayed are as in image below
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (487.1 KiB) Viewed 6469 times
Dave
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

ColeValleyGirl wrote: 15 Dec 2020 10:20 I can't imagine why you think they'd be lying to you ...
Maybe not lying but their response said "Probably" because of over activity, had they checked the logs, they would have known it was, or not, as the case may be.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Or, they are seeing over activity and believe it's linked, but won't know until the plugin is modified?
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

ColeValleyGirl wrote: 15 Dec 2020 10:28 Or, they are seeing over activity and believe it's linked, but won't know until the plugin is modified?
I don't think the problem is limited to the plugin, for me, access to the Family Historian web site is random, same with the plugin store. They have issues with their server randomly blocking certain IP addresses.
Sometimes I can get to it, sometimes my IP address is blocked and I have to tick the capture box to allow access.

I have removed the plugin now, the OCD in me makes me have to have things I have work lol
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

All the same server, all being impacted by the traffic problems... and people who have inadvertently triggered a traffic problem having their IP address temporarily blocked. My Internet hosting provider has similar protective mechanisms, and they can be a right pain to sort out.
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

ColeValleyGirl wrote: 15 Dec 2020 10:39 All the same server, all being impacted by the traffic problems... and people who have inadvertently triggered a traffic problem having their IP address temporarily blocked. My Internet hosting provider has similar protective mechanisms, and they can be a right pain to sort out.
Not much more to say then really, other than no point having a web site that can't be accessed by every one.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

FYI: I am being blocked now sometimes!
David2416
Superstar

Post by David2416 »

ColeValleyGirl wrote: 15 Dec 2020 10:20 To Dave, I can't imagine why you think they'd be lying to you ...

To everyone, please don't run the 'Check Installed Plugins Against the Store'; the more times you retry the quicker the server decides there's a problem. Check your important plugins and update them MANUALLY for now, until the 'Check Installed Plugins Against the Store' can be rewritten.
Is it possible for you to pin this somewhere so it's immediately visible? Just a thought