* Plugins across projects

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
wagojo
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Plugins across projects

Post by wagojo »

Hi everyone

Can you tell me if and how I might 'share' plugins across projects? I have a lot of quite complex templates set up in the 'Add source from template' plugin and have only just now realised that those templates aren't (currently) available in other projects...

Thanks!
Wayne
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Plugins across projects

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Its not the plugin you need to share but its data files which are in:

<Your project directory>\Your project.fh_data\plugin data\Add Source From Template.dat

You can copy all the .dat files in that directory to the equivalent directory in another project.

However, we're told that FH7 when it comes will have support for source templates, so you might have some conversion work to do in future (if you go that route).
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

See Plugin: Add Source From Template (14258) that has a variant of the Plugin that saves the templates globally so they apply to all Projects.

It also explains how to copy your existing Project-based templates to the global folder.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
wagojo
Gold

Post by wagojo »

Thanks everyone!